European Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
Protocol 7, Article 1
Procedural safeguards relating to expulsion of aliens
- An alien lawfully resident in the territory of a State shall
not be expelled therefrom except in pursuance of a decision reached
in accordance with law and shall be allowed:
- to submit reasons against his expulsion,
- to have his case reviewed, and
- to be represented for these purposes before the competent authority or
a person or persons designated by that authority.
- An alien may be expelled before the exercise of his rights under paragraph
1(a), (b) and (c) of this Article, when such expulsion is necessary in the
interests of public order or is grounded on reasons of national security.